Handmade Diaper Bag to Fit Your Sense of Style

Diaper Bags don’t always have to scream wipes, bottles, and diapers within; but instead can fit your sense of style. Nothing like a sexy mama J

I designed a handmade diaper bag using a free pattern I found on http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/free-diaper-bag-pattern.html   ; my design fits my personal style. There are a few variations I made to my bag in comparison to the step by step instructions on www.make-baby-stuff.com .  

For instance, instead of using a magnetic snap for the closure tab I decided to add a button and buttonhole. I made the bag strap a bit more slender than the measurements given and opted for an open interior pocket verses a zipper pocket. See my variations below: 

FINISHED PRODUCT:

Front of Bag 



Back of Bag



FREE PATTERN:

Free diaper bag pattern and step by step instructions found on
http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/free-diaper-bag-pattern.html


FABRIC SELECTION OF CHOICE:


Patterned Flannel Fabric, Burlap, Muslin for Interfacing, and Cotton Fabric for Lining 


FRONT OF BAG:


Decorative stitch work creates four individual front 
pockets for bottles, Sippy cups, etc. 

BACK OF BAG:


Sewing the right and left sides of the solid fabric to the patterned fabric creates a 
large back pocket; Velcro closure is added for security. 



INTERIOR LINING:


Interior pocket sewn to interior lining 




Interior lining sewn together, front, back, and bottom then turned inside out 


STRAPS AND CLOSURE: 




BAG BOTTOM:





PIECES SEWN TOGETHER:




No comments:

Post a Comment